Covid 19 Update
Health and Safety Procedures at Jane Lewis Fitness.
My main priority is the health and safety of my clients and instructors. For those reasons I have put the following procedures in place.
Because I am unable to guarantee that social distancing can be maintained in the studio, I am going to continue taking the classes via the Zoom platform for the foreseeable future.
There may come a time that I could deliver my classes using the great outdoors and will keep you all updated when this could happen.
Keeping inline with government guidelines I am intending on opening the studio at the beginning of July for personal training only. Until then I will be taking personal training sessions outdoors either at a park nearby or in client’s gardens provided there is enough room to maintain a 2m distance at all times and where I can access the garden without entering the house.
Procedures for Personal Training outdoors.
- All equipment used by the instructor will be cleaned and placed in a clean bag before session. Most of the training outdoors will be using own body weight and will be equipment free.
- If the client has their own equipment then the instructor can design a training plan using that equipment and will ask the client to set it up on arrival.
When the studio opens in July I will be applying the following procedures in order to keep clients and instructors safe.
- The door handles and stair bannisters will be disinfected first thing and at the end of the day.
- All equipment used by each client will be cleaned after each training session.
- The studio will be cleaned including all surfaces and mirrors at the end of the final session for that day.
- All clients will be asked to sanitise their hands before entering the studio and when they leave. There is a sanitising station placed at the top of the stairs.
- There will be clear markings on the floor to help maintain the 2metre social distancing rule.
- All sessions will be planned so I will ensure that their will be 2 metre distance indicators on the floor away from any equipment that will be used during client’s sessions.
- All sessions will be booked half an hour apart to avoid crossing on the stairs and this will also allow me to clean the studio in between each session.
- There will be hands free soap dispensers placed in the toilets along with hand towels and a pedal bin to put used hand towels in. All shared facilities will be cleaned daily.
- All instructors will be wearing clean masks to protect clients.
- Their will be appropriate signage up to remind people to wash/sanitise hands and keep at least 2 metres apart.
- No one will be allowed to enter the studio during a client’s session.
Please note that I am still unable to train any clients that are shielding due to underlying health conditions or considered vulnerable until the government guidelines change.